Pitts was the reason for controversy with the spread, making many bettors sweat with the losing outright a 21.5-point favorite. 46-47.5 was a closing total at Pennsylvania sportsbooks. Under bettors at 46.5 or 47 suffered a bad beat as both teams combined for 31 points in the fourth quarter.
With this fall, Pitt (3-2) gets out of the AP Top 25.
Panther's football was really sloppy, with two penalties for 75 yards and turning the ball over three times. They went 2-for-12 on third down and allowed the Yellow Jackets to rush for 236 yards.
Pittsburgh has high hopes to turn everything around in a spare home ACC clash against Virginia Tech at 3:30 p.m. Pennsylvania sports betting apps have College football betting lines available now.
The Panthers are 14.5-point favorites against Virginia Tech, totaling 43.5.
Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Virginia Tech betting odds and spread
Virginia Tech vs. Pitt betting preview
- Pitt record 3-2; Virginia Tech record 2-3
- Pitt 1-4 ATS; Virginia Tech 1-4 ATS
- Pitt 3-2 O/U; Virginia Tech 0-5 O/U
- Pitt has 33 avg points; Virginia Tech has 18.20 avg points for
- Pitt 25.6 avg points against; Virginia Tech 22.20 avg points against
Pittsburgh players to watch
- Isreal Abanikanda, the top running back for Pitt, was left with an upper-body injury in the second quarter and did not return. He did ten carries for 31 yards. Abanikanda's health update is worth monitoring throughout the week.
- Run defense: The Panthers got maneuvered up front, allowing 5.4 yards per carrying and 236 rushing yards to the Yellow Jackets.
- Vincent Davis, who replaced Abanikanda, went down and did 15 carries for 80 yards.